Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, short story or significant work.
Here’s today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Madame Gandhi – Why we must stop dancing to the sound of our own oppression. “Popular music is often riddled with misogynistic lyrics that objectify and demean women … so why are we listening and dancing to it? Performing a sample of her original song “Top Knot Turn Up” and sharing clips from her female-directed music video of “See Me Thru,” activist and musician Madame Gandhi explains why she’s making sex-positive music that doesn’t contribute to anyone’s oppression — and calls on music lovers to get down to tunes that empower everyone.” (ted.com)
2. Uday Devgan MD – Soft versus Dense Cataracts. “Our guest surgeon, Dra. Luz Marina Melo from Colombia, shows us two very different techniques for soft versus dense cataracts. The soft cataract shown here is a posterior polar cataract and she performs pre-chop nucleus division prior to hydro-dissection — the video will explain why. Then for the dense cataract, she uses the ultra-chopper which is an attachment for the phaco probe which uses ultrasound energy to penetrate the dense nucleus.” Great techniques.
3. Diabetic Retinopathy for the Comprehensive Ophthalmologist, Second Edition. by: Raj Maturi, M.D. | Jonathan D. Walker, M.D. | Robert Chambers, D.O. Chapter 1, “A Tiny Bit of Statistics and a Big Pep Talk.”
4. Book Chapter – Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson. Chapter 21, “Saint Anne.”
5. TIP322: RAOUL PAL – MACRO OVERVIEW FOR 4TH Q 2020 – “On today’s show we talk with Macro expert, Raoul Pal. Raoul covers inflation, deflation, MMT, Bitcoin, and many other topics.”