Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, short story or significant work.
Here’s today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Johanna Benesty: What happens after we develop a COVID-19 vaccine?. “An effective COVID-19 vaccine is just the first step in ending the pandemic, says global health strategist Johanna Benesty. In this illuminating talk, she explores the various barriers to “equitable access” — making sure COVID-19 therapeutics are available to all — and shares a creative approach to research and development that could ensure vaccines are rolled out fairly, efficiently and at a global scale.” (ted.com)
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – Cataract Quiz: When did the break happen? Nice recovery.
3. Prism Eye Rounds – Ike Ahmed MD. Excellent review of contrast sensitivity. This webinar is on Ike’s YouTube channel here.
4. What is Going on Here? (Malik Y. Kahook, MD) – Dr. Kahook shares a fascinating case.
5. Super Investors And The Art Of Worldly Wisdom – #36: Peter Atwater On The Coming Age Of ‘Screwtiny’Download– I enjoyed this podcast episode hosted by Jesse Felder. Felder is a frequent guest on one of my favorite podcasts, The Investors Podcast (We Study Billionaires).