Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Angela Francis: How a green economy could work for you. “How do you get the environment to the top of everyone’s priority list? You can’t, says climate advocate Angela Francis — but you can get them to care about improving their lives. In this pragmatic talk, she shares her playbook for helping even the most skeptical among us see the benefits of a greener economy on their health, wealth and well-being.” (ted.com)
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – CataractCoach 1007: IOL calculations with retinal disease. Excellent pearls.
3. Journal – Faulkner WJ. Idiopathic Corneal Hemorrhage. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2021;139(1):e204053. doi:10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2020.4053.
4. Professor Laurie Santos, The Science of Well-Being (Coursera) – Parts of Week 1. Yale’s most popular course. Learned about the GI Joe Fallacy.
5. KOL Knockout™: Cataract Edition — Maximizing the Use of Aberrometry, Femtosecond Lasers, and Advanced IOLs to Improve Postoperative Outcomes in Cataract Surgery. Join us on Wednesday February 24 at 9 pm EST! Delighted to be a panelist with cutting edge colleagues. Registration (FREE CME!)
6. Congrats to my brother Sonny Goel, MD. Featured on CBC This Morning! SMILE Laser Eye Surgery Becoming Increasingly Popular As Glasses Users Deal With Mask Fog Amid COVID-19 Pandemic. Baltimore Segment | CBC This Morning Segment.