Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – TED-Ed: How much land does it take to power the world? “No matter how we make electricity, it takes up space. Coal requires mines, and plants to convert it into electricity. Nuclear power takes uranium mines, facilities to refine it, a reactor, and a place to store the spent fuel safely. Renewable energy needs wind turbines or solar panels. So how much space would it take to power the whole world? Explore the sustainability of different power sources. [Directed by Lisa LaBracio, narrated by Jack Cutmore-Scott, music by André Aires].” (ted.com)
Informative Ted Talk & hope for a more sustainable energy future.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1049: four flanged IOL suture fixation. Excellent technique.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Pharmacologic testing for Horner’s Syndrome.
Dr. Lee’s 450+ neuro-ophthalmology reviews are around 5 minutes each. Perfect for the busy clinician & trainee. I plan to watch one a day, from oldest to newest.
4. TIP341: INVESTING MASTERMIND Q1 2021 W/ TOBY CARLISLE, WES GRAY, AND JAKE TAYLOR. “For this week’s Mastermind discussion Stig has invited Tobias Carlisle from Acquires Fund, Jake Taylor from Farnam Street Investments, and Dr. Wes Gray from Alpha Architect. All three guests are highly successful asset managers. They’re discussing why it’s too simplistic to argue that low interest rates are pushing up stock prices and much more.”
These are superbly informative episodes on investing, the economy, and decision making.
5. Eye Care Connect (Clubhouse) – Ophthalmic Telemed. With thanks to Grayson Armstrong MD, Ravi Parikh MD, and Dr. Kanza Aziz.
Love the Clubhouse platform to share ideas with thought leaders.