Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Mac Barnett: Why a good book is a secret door. “Childhood is surreal. Why shouldn’t children’s books be? In this whimsical talk, award-winning author Mac Barnett speaks about writing that escapes the page, art as a doorway to wonder — and what real kids say to a fictional whale.” (ted.com)
A fun, witty, and inspirational talk.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1054: complete case: why we chop. Excellent pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Plus minus syndrome.
Dr. Lee’s 450+ neuro-ophthalmology reviews are around 5 minutes each. Perfect for the busy clinician & trainee. I plan to watch one a day, from oldest to newest.
4. William Zinsser, On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. Chapters 5 (Audience).
You are writing for yourself.
5. #020: Research and a Brighter Digital Future 💡 – Dr. Michael Chiang. “In this episode, we spoke to Dr. Michael Chiang about his work advancing digital health, from chairing multiple American Academy of Ophthalmology committees to serving as the Director of the National Eye Institute.”
Well-prepared hosts interview NEI Director & friend Michael Chiang. An insightful episode.