Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – A.J. Jacobs: The evolution of the coffee cup lid. “Author A.J. Jacobs shows how the coffee cup lid was perfectly designed to give you a full sensory experience while drinking. This video was inspired by the original work of Louise Harpman and Scott Specht and their book ‘Coffee Lids: Peel, Pinch, Pucker, Puncture.'” (ted.com)
3-minute Ted Talks are fast-moving and filled with images. Loved seeing the numerous patent drawings in the evolution of the coffee cup.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – Cataract Quiz: intumescent decompression. Great pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Optic Atrophy.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. Kongwattananon, Wijak et al. “Mycobacterium Chimaera Choroiditis.” Ophthalmology Retina, Volume 5, Issue 6, 542.
5. In Loving Memory of Paul O’Leary, MD – I’ve attended AMA meetings since my first year of medical school (June 1994). I am constantly inspired by colleagues from around the country who move medicine forward.
The “In Memoriam” moment at the AMA Opening Session honor friends & colleagues who have passed since the last meeting. Memorial resolutions celebrate the lives of physicians who have helped thousands of patients along their journey.
Dr. O’Leary was a long-time supporter of the Underrepresented in Medicine Scholarship Program with the AMA Foundation. The Paul O’Leary, MD Memorial Fund was established to honor his legacy and continue to support a cause that he was passionate about. To donate to the fund, click here.