Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Erin Sullivan: Does photographing a moment steal the experience from you?. “When we witness something amazing, many of us instinctively pull out our phones and snap pictures. Is this obsession with photographing everything impacting our experiences? In a meditative talk, Erin Sullivan reflects on how being more intentional with her lens enhanced her ability to enjoy the moment — and could help you do the same, too.” (ted.com)
Loved the images in this Ted Talk. See also Sullivan’s blog post about her Ted experience. Photography does indeed inform the way we experience the world.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD & Guest Dr. Utku Limon. 1147: white cataract & damaged IOL. Great teaching case.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Simultagnosia.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. John C. Bogle – The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns (Little Books, Big Profits). Chapter 12, “Profit from the Majesty of Simplicity.”
This book is one of the best investments in the world (**Wish I had picked up in 2007!). Timeless pearls by Jack Bogle, the founder of Vanguard. Each chapter is filled with insights.
5. Professor Aswath Damodaran. Session 3: The Risk Free Rate. Superb lecture series on valuations.