Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Steven Sharp Nelson: How to find peace with loss through music. “Music can act as a guide, says cellist Steven Sharp Nelson. It has the power to unlock the mind, tap into the heart and bring light in the darkest times. Take a deep breath as Nelson takes you on a melodic, meditative journey that could reconnect you with your closest loved ones — no matter how near or far they may be.” (ted.com description)
Simply extraordinary. Have a box of tissues handy and prepared to be inspired.
2. Cataract Surgery – Dr. Uday Devgan – 1219: posterior polar capsule rupture. Great teaching case.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Vascular malformations involving the eyes and brain.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. Episode 22: Givers, Takers, and the Resilient Mind with Adam Grant — Shane Parrish writes, “Are you a giver or a taker? (Don’t pat yourself on the back quite yet.) Listen to my interview with bestselling author Adam Grant to find out! We also discuss building resilience so you can bulldoze through any challenge, no matter how big or scary.”
This was a podcast jam session. Filled with pearls and insights.
5. Congratulations to classmate & California Assembly Member Mia Bonta! Loved watching her online swearing-in ceremony today.