Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Anita Collins: How playing an instrument benefits your brain.
2. Cataract Surgery – Dr. Uday Devgan – 1251: re-aligning a toric IOL without OVD. Superb case and pursuit of perfection.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Post fixation blindness.
4. Alice Schroeder, The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life (2008). Chapter 17. Warren Buffett meets Benjamin Graham. The story of Buffett meeting Graham is one of pure legend among value investors.
Filled with life lessons on investing, honesty, and integrity.
5. “In honor of Native American Heritage Month, the Yale Club of Washington, DC invites you to a virtual event about Yale’s first Native American Alum: Henry Roe Cloud, who graduated with a BA in psychology and philosophy in 1910, and earned an MA in anthropology from Yale in 1914. Our speakers are Professor Renya Ramirez, Cloud’s granddaughter and a professor of anthropology at UC Santa Cruz, and Dr. Ravi Goel ’93, who donated a collection of documents, photos and manuscripts about Cloud to Yale.”
Look forward to the special event on Election Day, Tuesday November 2, from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Registration is here.