Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Nicaila Matthews Okome: This is the side hustle revolution. “Past generations found a company to work for and then stayed there for decades. But today, we rarely stay in the same job (let alone on the same career path) and we don’t rely on a single income stream. The tools and resources are out there for us to do our own thing, and more of us are going with the entrepreneurial spirit — even if it’s on the side of a traditional job. Podcaster and marketer Nicaila Matthews Okome helps survey the scene.” (ted.com)
Inspirational Ted Talk.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan. 1061: soft cataracts the easy way. Great pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Superior Oblique myokymia.
Dr. Lee’s 450+ neuro-ophthalmology reviews are around 5 minutes each. Perfect for the busy clinician & trainee. I plan to watch one a day, from oldest to newest.
4. William Zinsser, On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. Chapters 12 (Writing About People: The Interview).
Each chapter is filled with pearls to improve communication skills.
5. Eye Tea (Clubhouse): Evolving with social media – Delighted to join friends & social media superstars for a Clubhouse session on evolving with social media.
Check out the Eye Tea group on Clubhouse! Cutting edge topics and the opportunity to share ideas with ophthalmology colleagues worldwide.