Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Louie Schwartzberg: Nature. Beauty. Gratitude. “Nature’s beauty can be fleeting — but not through Louie Schwartzberg’s lens. His stunning time-lapse photography, accompanied by powerful words from Benedictine monk Brother David Steindl-Rast, serves as a meditation on being grateful for every day.” (ted.com)
The perfect Ted Talk to inspire on a Saturday evening. The images and video are extraordinary.
2. Cataract Surgery – Dr. Lukan Mishev. Intumescent cataract, PCR rupture management – Dr. Mishev livestreams his cataract surgeries each week! A master surgeon.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Visual fields in neuro-op: Temporal crescent.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. Episode 800 – The Rise and Fall of Carlos Ghosn: Part 1. “When Japan’s most famous CEO is suddenly arrested, conflicts are revealed in the Renault-Nissan Alliance he led for two decades. Then Carlos Ghosn jumps bail by stowing away in a private jet to Lebanon. Ghosn’s daring escape raises new questions about his alleged financial misconduct — and the corporate system that kept him in power.”
This is another favorite podcast. Episodes are filled with pearls on leadership, management, finance, and more.
5. The AMA Annual Meeting included a plenary session on “Transforming health care for a post-pandemic world.” AMA Chief Experience Office Todd Unger interviewed Shantanu Nundy, MD, author of “Care After COVID: What the Pandemic Revealed Is Broken in Healthcare and How to Reinvent It.”
The panel session was filled with wisdom on the many challenges the country faces in the years ahead.