I’ve made a quick 2 minute video which gives the dimensions of slit lamp protective shield. At the bottom of this blog post, I also include essential websites (AAO, AMA, Medicare) to keep up-to-date on coronavirus & telemedicine.
After I created the video, I used a utility knife to make a slit lamp shield using the harder plastic.
Website links for ophthalmology and practice administrator colleagues on Coronavirus & Telemedicine:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Coronavirus Updates (**Updated frequently. I recommend visiting the AAO site often**)
- AAO/AAOE’s Telemedicine primer and essentials. How to code for phone calls, internet and tele-health consultations.
- Medicare Telemedicine Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet
- AMA Quick Guide to Telemedicine in Practice
- American Academy of Ophthalmic Executives (AAOE). Among many benefits, practice administrators and leaders have access to a wonderful etalk listserv which has saved me thousands of dollars in practice management pearls. (Disclaimer: I am on the AAOE board)