Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, short story or significant work.
Here’s today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Jennifer Petriglieri: How working couples can best support each other. “It’s possible to have a successful career AND a successful marriage. Professor and author Jennifer Petriglieri explains how you and your partner can make choices that work for your life together — without sacrificing your individual aspirations.” (ted.com)
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – Cataract Quiz: Why did the trypan do this? “Cataract Quiz: Why did the trypan blue dye do this? Why is the staining so odd looking? Why is the red reflex diminished? This can happen to both a novice surgeon and an expert surgeon, and in that regard we have video clips from a resident in training and then from a cataract surgery expert.” Neat case and valuable pearls.
3. A Case of Pseudophakic Pupillary Block (Malik Y. Kahook, MD). Dr. Kahook writes, “This is a case that my partner Leo Seibold saw when he was a resident in 2009. Several of our team members cared for this patient. While a rare event, I think it might be of interest with a few pearls for how to address such cases.” Great case presentation and clinical pearls.
4. Subliminal Message: Outer Retinal Tubulations Resembling Mitochondria in Maternally Inherited Diabetes and Deafness. Ophthalmology Retina, PICTURES & PERSPECTIVES| VOLUME 4, ISSUE 11, P1102, NOVEMBER 01, 2020
5. Book Chapter – Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson. Chapter 28, “The World and Its Waters.”