Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Kevin Roose: The value of your humanity in an automated future. “To futureproof your job against robots and AI, you should learn how to code, brush up on your math skills and crack open an engineering textbook, right? Wrong. In this surprisingly comforting talk, tech journalist Kevin Roose makes the case that rather than trying to compete with the machines, we should instead focus on what makes us uniquely human.” (ted.com)
A most enjoyable Ted Talk. Speaks about empathy, compassion, humor and many human traits to help navigate a post-AI world.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1028: Keys to Cataract Surgery Efficiency – Superb technique.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Diabetes in neuro-ophthalmology. Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are around 5 minutes. High-yield insights and pearls.
4. The Great Mental Models Volume 1: General Thinking Concepts by Shane Parrish and Rhiannon Beaubien. 2019. “Inversion.”
5. TIP338: CURRENT MARKET CONDITIONS – 27 FEBRUARY 2021 W/ STIG AND TREY. “On today’s show, Stig and Trey talk about the current market condition, the state of the stock market. Specifically, they talk about how to interpret the low-interest rate environment, and why they don’t expect the stock market to have topped just yet.”
TIP offers an excellent podcast for investors and consumers at all levels. The question of the week was, “How should I position myself given the current market conditions?” The question leads to a detailed discussion with many pearls and insights.