Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Rives: A story of mixed emoticons. “Rives tells a typographical fairy tale that’s short and bittersweet ;)”
😄 😱! A 👍 Ted 💬 for the current 🇫🇲 of affairs.
(** Emoticon translation at the end of this post)
2. Cataract Surgery – UDay Devgan MD – 1044: sutured capsule support device.
Love innovative cataract surgery devices.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Skew Deviation.
Dr. Lee’s 450+ neuro-ophthalmology reviews are around 5 minutes each. Perfect for the busy clinician & trainee. I plan to watch one a day, from oldest to newest.
4. Seth Godin, Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? “Indoctrination: How We Got Here.”
I am guilty of many of the observations Seth Godin makes in this chapter.
5. Episode 54 – Berkshire Hathaway Letter to Shareholders with Jake Taylor. “The topic of this week’s episode is Warren Buffett’s annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders. My guest is Jake Taylor, the Chief Executive Officer of Farnam Street Investments.”
I was inspired to attend the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting after listening to the Investors Podcast. I met Sean Murray, the host of the show, while standing in line at the 2018 meeting. This is a superb episode with Jake Taylor. Highly recommended for investors of all ages.
(** Emoticon translation: “Like OMG! A good Ted Talk for the current state of affairs.”)