Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Noeline Kirabo: 2 questions to uncover your passion — and turn it into a career. “What’s your passion? Social entrepreneur Noeline Kirabo reflects on her work helping out-of-school young people in Uganda turn their passions into profitable businesses — and shares the two questions you can ask yourself to begin doing the same.” (ted.com)
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1080: phaco tip punctures the capsule. Superb pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – When it is Glaucoma and when it is not.
4. William Zinsser, On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. Chapter 22, “The Tyranny of the Final Product.”
5. Clubhouse Session – Richer, Wiser, Happier with William Green.
I learned about investor Guy Spier from his podcast appearance on The Investors Podcast (TIP), and from his book, The Education of a Value Investor: My Transformative Quest for Wealth, Wisdom, and Enlightenment.
These learning opportunities led me to the 2018 Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting, where I was surrounded by like-minded individuals who engage in lifelong learning.
This Clubhouse episode included cutting edge investors whom William Green features in his book, Richer, Wiser, Happier: How the World’s Greatest Investors Win in Markets and Life.
My copy should arrive tomorrow!