Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Adam Galinsky: How to speak up for yourself. “Speaking up is hard to do, even when you know you should. Learn how to assert yourself, navigate tricky social situations and expand your personal power with sage guidance from social psychologist Adam Galinsky.” (ted.com)
This is an exceptional talk. Among the top 10 of the last 300+ I’ve watched. Filled with insights & actionable pearls.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1079: you must learn SICS / ECCE. Excellent techniques.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Giant cell arteritis.
Dr. Lee’s 450+ neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. 2021 Virtual Value Investing Conference | Value Investor Panel: Mohnish Pabrai
I learned about Mohnish Pabrai and value investing from The Investors Podcast. His insights are essential to the value investor. (His book The Dhandho Investor: The Low-Risk Value Method to High Returns).
I shared this episode with immediate family earlier today.
Here’s the quote he shares from the Upanishads (see minute 12 of video):
As your desire so is your will.
As is your will so is your deed.
As is your deed so is your destiny.
Your deepest desire is your destiny.Upanishads
5. I moderated a session on The Rise, Fall and Rise of Private Equity & Corporatization in Ophthalmology during the American Academy of Ophthalmology Mid-Year Forum. Our all-star panel includes Chris Albanis, MD, Bob Wiggins, MD, & Julia Lee, JD.
The session recordings will be available to registered attendees after May 10.