Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Cory Combs: The future of flying is electrifying. “If you’re a frequent flier, you’re also a major polluter. What if there was a way to travel the world with less impact on the environment? In this quick, exciting talk, aviation entrepreneur and TED Fellow Cory Combs lays out how electric aircraft could make flying cleaner, quieter and more affordable — and shares his work on Electric EEL, the largest hybrid-electric plane ever to fly.” (ted.com)
2A. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1094: The Key to Phaco Flip & Chop. Nice technique.
2B. Dr. Lukan Mishev – Phaco carousel technique. No narration and a nice case.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Silent sinus syndrome.
Dr. Lee’s 450+ neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. University of Texas at Austin 2014 Commencement Address – Admiral William H. McRaven – YouTube
Filled with insight, wisdom, and inspiration. I’ve seen clips of this talk and this is the full speech. Plan to watch at least once a year.
5. I enjoyed my chat with “Honestly Bilal” host Bilal Ahmed. We discuss:
- Tips for medical students and trainees from the reflections of my own journey in ophthalmology.
- How lifelong learning helps surgical skill development.
- Maintaining a professional online social media presence.
- Advice for trainees on how to contribute to the field of ophthalmology through advocacy.