Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Armand D’Angour: The ancient origins of the Olympics. “Thousands of years in the making, the Olympics began as part of a religious festival honoring the Greek god Zeus in the rural Greek town of Olympia. But how did it become the greatest show of sporting excellence on earth? Educator Armand D’Angour explains the evolution of the Olympics. (Directed by Diogo Viegas, narrated by Addison Anderson, music by Cem Misirlioglu and Brooks Ball)” (ted.com description)
Good luck to Team USA! (And my friend Siphiwe Baleka on Team Guinea-Bissau!)
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1175: the last case of residency. Well done & great hands for a resident’s last case.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Neuro-Ophthalmology of pregnancy.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. Gautam Baid – The Joys of Compounding: The Passionate Pursuit of Lifelong Learning, Revised and Updated (Heilbrunn Center for Graham & Dodd Investing Series). Chapter 20 on commodity & cyclical stocks.
I continue to enjoy books on value investing, lifelong learning, mental models, and more. Excellent chapters with amazing quotations.
5. TIP359: THE RISE AND FALL OF ARCHEGOS AND DISCOVERY W/ ANDREW WALKER – I enjoyed this episode. They do an analysis of Discovery Channel & the outlook for SPACs.