Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Tim Ferriss: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals. “The hard choices — what we most fear doing, asking, saying — are very often exactly what we need to do. How can we overcome self-paralysis and take action? Tim Ferriss encourages us to fully envision and write down our fears in detail, in a simple but powerful exercise he calls “fear-setting.” Learn more about how this practice can help you thrive in high-stress environments and separate what you can control from what you cannot.” (ted.com description)
Excellent Ted Talk. Filled with insights & empathy.
2A. Cataract Surgery – Dr. Neto Rosatelli – Phaco Clip #145 – Traumatic Zonulodialysis. Phenomenal hands.
2B. Scott LaBorwit, MD – Advantage of Femtosecond Laser Capsulotomy in White Swollen Lens – Great case and pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Temporal crescent.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. Gautam Baid – The Joys of Compounding: The Passionate Pursuit of Lifelong Learning, Revised and Updated (Heilbrunn Center for Graham & Dodd Investing Series). Chapter 29.
I continue to enjoy books on value investing, lifelong learning, mental models, and more. Excellent chapters with amazing quotations.
5. Mary Buffett & David Clark – The Tao of Warren Buffett: Warren Buffett’s Words of Wisdom: Quotations and Interpretations to Help Guide You to Billionaire Wealth and Enlightened Business Management. Chapter 3.
Picked this book up for $2 at the local library book sale. A great investment as Warren Buffett shares timeless wisdom.
6. Clubhouse session – William Green, the author of Richer, Wiser, Happier, was a guest on Clubhouse today. A remarkable session which highlighted favorite themes from his writings. Especially enjoyed the stories of Sir John Templeton.