Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Sleepy Man Banjo Boys: Bluegrass virtuosity from … New Jersey?
Amazing! The perfect Ted Talk for a Friday night wind-down from a busy week.
2. Cataract Surgery – Dr. Uday Devgan – 1250: IOL exchange with open PC. Excellent case.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Empty sella.
4. Episode 30: Company Culture, Collaboration, and Competition with Margaret Heffernan — Shane writes, “On this episode, I’m joined by speaker, international executive, and five-time author Margaret Heffernan. We discuss how to get the most out of our people, creating a thriving culture of trust and collaboration, and how to prevent potentially devastating ‘willful blindness.'”
Shane is consistently engaging and draws “out the best of what other people have already figured out.”
5. “In honor of Native American Heritage Month, the Yale Club of Washington, DC invites you to a virtual event about Yale’s first Native American Alum: Henry Roe Cloud, who graduated with a BA in psychology and philosophy in 1910, and earned an MA in anthropology from Yale in 1914. Our speakers are Professor Renya Ramirez, Cloud’s granddaughter and a professor of anthropology at UC Santa Cruz, and Dr. Ravi Goel ’93, who donated a collection of documents, photos and manuscripts about Cloud to Yale.”
Look forward to the special event on Election Day, Tuesday November 2, from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Registration is here.