Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Relief to recovery – (on the Ted iPad app) – Short talk on Convoy of Hope, an organization that helps people post-disaster. Emphasis on strategic planning and community collaboration.
2. Cataract Surgery – Dr. Uday Devgan – 1256: you don’t need a pupil ring. Nice pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Arteriovenous fistula.
4. Alice Schroeder, The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life (2008). Chapter 22. Warren Buffett moves back to Omaha and forms his partnership.
Filled with life lessons on investing, honesty, and integrity. This is a must-read for any Warren Buffett fan!
5. “In honor of Native American Heritage Month, the Yale Club of Washington, DC invites you to a virtual event about Yale’s first Native American Alum: Henry Roe Cloud, who graduated with a BA in psychology and philosophy in 1910, and earned an MA in anthropology from Yale in 1914. Our speakers are Professor Renya Ramirez, Cloud’s granddaughter and a professor of anthropology at UC Santa Cruz, and Dr. Ravi Goel ’93, who donated a collection of documents, photos and manuscripts about Cloud to Yale.”
Look forward to the special event on Election Day, Tuesday November 2, from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Registration is here.