I enjoyed the Wills Eye Residents teaching program on anterior vitrectomy for cataract surgeons. Below are excellent resources I’ve found. I’ll continue to add pearls to this page.
- Uday Devgan, MD – CataractCoach – Anterior Vitrectomy & Sulcus IOL with Optic Capture – This includes Dr. Devgan’s 15 steps for performing anterior vitrectomy. (Pro tip – I have this as a print-out for easy reference in the operating room.)
- Uday Devgan, MD – CataractCoach – Anterior Vitrectomy Playlist (4 videos)
- Dr. Deepak Megur – Anterior Vitrectomy Technique for Cataract Surgeons (YouTube)
- Dr. Deepak Megur – Impending Nucleus Drop & PC Tear (YouTube)
- D. Brian Kim MD – Managing Posterior Capsule Rupture (YouTube)
Presentations / Articles
- Dr Josepine Christy – Aravind Pondicherry – Understanding the Principles of Anterior Vitrectomy (YouTube, 31 minutes)
- Steve Charles, MD, FACS, FICS – Anterior Vitrectomy and Posterior Loss of Lens Material During Cataract Surgery (YouTube, 38 minutes)
- Steve Charles, MD, FACS, FICS – Anterior Vitrectomy: Concepts From a Retina Specialist (CRSToday) – Article and three minute video highlights.
- Robert Cionni, MD – The Eye Institute of Utah – Vitrectomy for Cataract Surgeons (YouTube, 15 minutes)
- AIOS Masterclass on Anterior Vitrectomy for Cataract Surgeons (YouTube, starts at 32:00)
- Susan M MacDonald, MD – Anterior Vitrectomy (AAO 2016, ONE Network, may need login, 5 minutes)