Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Qiuqing Tai: TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat — and the rise of bite-sized content. “Short videos — 60 seconds or less, made and shared on apps like TikTok, Snapchat and Instagram — are more than just a fun way to pass the time; they’ve transformed how we work, communicate and learn. Digital strategist Qiuqing Tai explores the explosive rise of bite-sized content and forecasts its promise as an economic and social force.” (ted.com)
An excellent Ted Talk, filled with insights, which highlights the pearls of short videos. Across social media platforms, industries, and continents.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – CataractCoach 1004: Preventing Capsular Rip in white cataracts
3. Michalak SM, Meekins LC, Ali MH. Optic Nerve Edema, Venous Stasis Retinopathy, and Peripheral Retinal Whitening in a Teenage Girl. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2020;138(10):1087–1088. doi:10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2020.1398
4. Iliad by Homer – Book 14. Listening to the LoyalBooks free podcast version. (Wikipedia | Spark Notes)
5. KOL Knockout™: Cataract Edition — Maximizing the Use of Aberrometry, Femtosecond Lasers, and Advanced IOLs to Improve Postoperative Outcomes in Cataract Surgery. Join us on Wednesday February 24 at 9 pm EST! Delighted to be a panelist with cutting edge colleagues. Registration (FREE CME!)