Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Tim Urban: Inside the mind of a master procrastinator. “Tim Urban knows that procrastination doesn’t make sense, but he’s never been able to shake his habit of waiting until the last minute to get things done. In this hilarious and insightful talk, Urban takes us on a journey through YouTube binges, Wikipedia rabbit holes and bouts of staring out the window — and encourages us to think harder about what we’re really procrastinating on, before we run out of time.” (ted.com)
With 48 million+ views, this is the 5th most-popular Ted Talk ever. I am guilty of the YouTube binge watching! Superbly insightful and explains many mannerisms we share.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1022: Suprachoroidal hemorrhage. Excellent pearls for recovery.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Cranial nerve VII. Great reviews of neuro-ophthalmology concepts.
4. The Great Mental Models Volume 1: General Thinking Concepts by Shane Parrish and Rhiannon Beaubien. 2019. “Thought Experiment.”
5. KOL Knockout™: Cataract Edition — Maximizing the Use of Aberrometry, Femtosecond Lasers, and Advanced IOLs to Improve Postoperative Outcomes in Cataract Surgery. Join us on Wednesday February 24 at 9 pm EST! Delighted to be a panelist with cutting edge colleagues. Registration (FREE CME!)