Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Renzo Piano: The genius behind some of the world’s most famous buildings. “Legendary architect Renzo Piano — the mind behind such indelible buildings as The Shard in London, the Centre Pompidou in Paris and the new Whitney Museum of Art in New York City — takes us on a stunning tour through his life’s work. With the aid of gorgeous imagery, Piano makes an eloquent case for architecture as the answer to our dreams, aspirations and desire for beauty. ‘Universal beauty is one of the few things that can change the world,’ he says. ‘This beauty will save the world. One person at a time, but it will do it.'” (ted.com)
Superb Ted Talk.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1023: Foreign body capsule rupture. Excellent case.
3. Andrew Lee MD – MRI in Neuro-Ophthalmology. Great short reviews of neuro-ophthalmology concepts.
4. The Great Mental Models Volume 1: General Thinking Concepts by Shane Parrish and Rhiannon Beaubien. 2019. “Second-Order Thinking.”
5. KOL Knockout™: Cataract Edition — Maximizing the Use of Aberrometry, Femtosecond Lasers, and Advanced IOLs to Improve Postoperative Outcomes in Cataract Surgery. Join us on Wednesday February 24 at 9 pm EST! Delighted to be a panelist with cutting edge colleagues. Registration (FREE CME!)