Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Peter Calthorpe: 7 principles for building better cities. “More than half of the world’s population already lives in cities, and another 2.5 billion people are projected to move to urban areas by 2050. The way we build new cities will be at the heart of so much that matters, from climate change to economic vitality to our very well-being and sense of connectedness. Peter Calthorpe is already at work planning the cities of the future and advocating for community design that’s focused on human interaction. He shares seven universal principles for solving sprawl and building smarter, more sustainable cities.” (ted.com)
Ted Talks by architects & urban designers are consistently fascinating.
2. Uday Devgan MD – 1035: First year in practice cataract. Nice case. And congrats to a first year in practice colleague. Good hands.
3. Andrew Lee MD – IIH, Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, Pseudotumor Cerebri. Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are around 5 minutes and filled with high-yield pearls.
4. TIP339: COMMON SENSE INVESTING W/ JOEL GREENBLATT – “On today’s show, Trey Lockerbie is joined by legendary investor, Joel Greenblatt. Joel is the managing director and Co-CIO of Gotham Capital, which has produced spectacular returns for over 3 decades.”
I learned of Joel Greenblatt from previous TIP episodes. Loved his first book, You Can Be a Stock Market Genius: Uncover the Secret Hiding Places of Stock Market Profits. Also plan to read his book, The Little Book That Still Beats the Market.
5. Branding Yourself & Your Business! Join us for a live session on how to brand yourself and your ophthalmic practice. Monday, March 8, 2021 at 8:30 pm EST. Tips for younger ophthalmologists, fellows, and residents. Space is limited!