Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Sebastian Guo: Why we need to pay attention to Chinese millennials. “If Chinese millenials were their own country, they would have the third largest population in the world, says Sebastian Guo. They are well-educated, super motivated and the largest emerging consumer demographic on the planet. So why is it that the business world is still obsessed with understanding American millenials? In his passionate and perspective-shifting talk, Guo says it time to think outside our western boundaries and focus eastward.” (ted.com)
A remarkable Ted Talk. Guo states US millennial population is 90 million and Chinese millennials 400 million. This 2017 talk, with less than 25,000 views, is filled with insights.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1071: Challenging Phaco + DMEK. Great pearls & technique.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Spasms- When to image them!
Dr. Lee’s 450+ neuro-ophthalmology reviews are around 5 minutes each. Perfect for the busy clinician & trainee. I plan to watch one a day, from oldest to newest.
4. Ophthalmology Business Minute – Financial Statements Made Simple. I took many notes during this session! Should be posted to the OBM site in the days ahead.
Ophthalmology Business Minute hosts monthly webinars which are relevant and high yield for young ophthalmologists and members in training.
5. Ophthalmologists Urge Eye Protection for Recreational and Professional Sports (April 2021 Regional Eye newsletter)
I started a newsletter for my private practice, which is sent to 3000 patients and posted on social media monthly. With thanks to the Academy’s Communications team for wonderful article templates on patient safety and well-being issues.