Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Sahaj Kaur Kohli: Why children of immigrants experience guilt — and strategies to cope. “Children of immigrants in the US often experience a unique kind of guilt, brought on by the pressures of navigating different cultures, living up to their parents’ expectations and taking on extra family responsibilities. Mental health advocate Sahaj Kaur Kohli offers helpful strategies for dealing with these difficult feelings — starting with defining your own values and creating space for self-compassion. (This conversation, hosted by TED speaker development curator Cloe Shasha Brooks, is part of TED’s “How to Deal with Difficult Feelings” series.)”
I’ve had similar feelings as discussed in this Ted Talk. Growing up, I thought I was the only one who experienced immigrant child guilt. Enjoyed listening to this conversation. Helpful tools.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1098: Quad Camera Angles in surgery. Nice pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – The worst headache of you life & Neuro-ophthalmology.
Dr. Lee’s 450+ neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. TIP348: WILL ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TAKE OVER THE WORLD? W/ CADE METZ. “On today’s show, Trey Lockerbie sits down with New York Times writer and author Cade Metz, to discuss his new book, Genius Makers, which lays out the story of how AI came to be.”
Great interview and take-away pearls. I love the discussion on the ancient Chinese game of Go and infamous move 37 (see below).
5. Lee Sedol vs AlphaGo Move 37 reactions and analysis. I also plan to watch the documentary here.