Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Anand Agarawala: Rethink the desktop with BumpTop. “Anand Agarawala presents BumpTop, a user interface that takes the usual desktop metaphor to a glorious, 3-D extreme, transforming file navigation into a freewheeling playground of crumpled documents and clipping-covered ‘walls.'”(ted.com)
This 2007 Ted Talk includes futuristic technologies. Fun to see the creative process and appreciate the many opportunities to improve the user experience.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1099: some amazing surgical pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Pupil reaction in a NLP eye! Real or fake?!
Dr. Lee’s 450+ neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. William Green, Richer, Wiser, Happier. Chapter 4, “The Resilient Investor – How to build enduring wealth and survive the wildness that lies in wait.”
Each chapter is worth the price of admission. Green’s “Five Rules for Resilience” are as much about life as investing.
5. AlphaGo – The Movie | Full Documentary. This was an honor to watch.