Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Matt Mullenweg: Why working from home is good for business. “As the popularity of remote working continues to spread, workers today can collaborate across cities, countries and even multiple time zones. How does this change office dynamics? And how can we make sure that all employees, both at headquarters and at home, feel connected? Matt Mullenweg, cofounder of WordPress and CEO of Automattic (which has a 100 percent distributed workforce), shares his secrets.” (ted.com)
Insightful talk on the future of work. A distributive work force will create opportunities and efficiencies worldwide.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1135: IOL cutting for IOL exchange. Nice pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and Neuro-Op.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. Episode 6: How to See the Future with Philip Tetlock — Shane Parrish writes, “In this episode of the Knowledge Project, I chat with professor and New York Times best-selling author Philip Tetlock about how we can get better at the art and science of predicting the future.”
Worth a listen. Insightful discussion on modeling and predicting the future.
5. AMA Annual Meeting – Spent many hours attending the AMA virtual meeting today. Shaping health policy to move medicine forward.