Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Rébecca Kleinberger: Why you don’t like the sound of your own voice. “Your voice is indistinguishable from how other people see you, but your relationship with it is far from obvious. Rébecca Kleinberger studies how we use and understand our voices and the voices of others. She explains why you may not like the sound of your own voice on recordings, the differences between your outward, inward and inner voices — and the extraordinary things you communicate without being aware of it.” (ted.com)
Includes some fascinating insights.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD & Guest Surgeon Dr. Gustavo Huning. 1145: white cataract anterior capsule tear. Excellent case.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Listing’s Law and Listing’s Plane.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. John C. Bogle – The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns (Little Books, Big Profits). Chapter 10.
I picked up this 2007 edition for $1 at the Cherry Hill Public Library book sale a few years ago. One of the best investments in the world. Timeless pearls by Jack Bogle, the founder of Vanguard.
I’m also a huge fan of bogleheads.org, an investing advice forum. You can post questions anonymously and responses are superb.
5. Professor Aswath Damodaran. Session 1: Introduction to Valuation. I hope my nieces and nephews are watching. Superb introduction on valuations and I look forward to learning from a renowned professor on finance & markets.