Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Sarah Parcak: Archaeology from space. “In this short talk, TED Fellow Sarah Parcak introduces the field of ‘space archaeology’ — using satellite images to search for clues to the lost sites of past civilizations.” (ted.com)
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD & Guest Dr. Sabino Rolim. 1149: posterior capsulorhexis technique. Excellent case.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Posterior INO of Lutz.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. John C. Bogle – The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns (Little Books, Big Profits). Chapter 15-18 (Finished!)
One of the best investments in the world. Timeless pearls by Jack Bogle, the founder of Vanguard. Each chapter is filled with insights.
5. Professor Aswath Damodaran. Session 5: Betas (Relative Risk Measures). Superb lecture series on valuations.
6. AAO Ergo(nomics) Convo: Real talk about the crucial role of ergonomics for a long, healthy career – With thanks to Academy colleagues for hosting a session on Ergonomics best practices. The webinar recording will be available on aao.org/wellness by July 12.