Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Tom Thum – Beatbox brilliance | TEDxSydney. “Armed with just a microphone, Thum pushes the limits of the human voice to create incredible soundtracks of impossible beats and phenomenal sounds, with scratched vinyl, the Michael Jackson back-catalogue, the didgeridoo and an entire fifties jazz band amongst his vocal repertoire.” (YouTube description)
At 75 million views, the #1 TedX talk on YouTube. Awesome experience.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1169: surgery for a cataract surgeon. Great case.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Blood supply of the optic nerve.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. Gautam Baid – The Joys of Compounding: The Passionate Pursuit of Lifelong Learning, Revised and Updated (Heilbrunn Center for Graham & Dodd Investing Series). Chapter 12-14. Investing mind-sets & checklists.
I continue to enjoy books on value investing, lifelong learning, mental models, and more. Excellent chapters with amazing quotations.
5. An OPEN INVITATION to CVS Health CEO, Aetna CEO & leadership teams – I have issued an open invitation to Aetna & CVSHealth CEO Karen S. Lynch to visit my office. I’ll schedule only Aetna patients who have cataracts on the day of visit.
Together, we can discuss the impact which cataracts have on a patient’s vision and quality of life. And also the impact which Aetna’s new preauthorization policy has on our most vulnerable patients. Deliberate delays in appropriate care hurt patients & society.