Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Simon Lancaster – Speak like a leader | TEDxVerona. “In this fast-paced and frequently funny TEDx talk, top speechwriter, Simon Lancaster, sets out the techniques that you can use to speak like a leader. The talk culminates in Simon Lancaster instantly improvising a powerful leadership speech based on an idea suggested by the audience.” (YouTube description)
Starting to watch Tedx talks based on YouTube newsfeed suggestions. The AI algorithms work well. This is a phenomenal talk.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1170: sealing of paired phaco incisions. Well done.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. Gautam Baid – The Joys of Compounding: The Passionate Pursuit of Lifelong Learning, Revised and Updated (Heilbrunn Center for Graham & Dodd Investing Series). Chapter 15-16. Journaling, self-reflection, and the power of incentives.
I continue to enjoy books on value investing, lifelong learning, mental models, and more. Excellent chapters with amazing quotations.
5. An OPEN INVITATION to CVS Health CEO, Aetna CEO & leadership teams – I have issued an open invitation to Aetna & CVSHealth CEO Karen S. Lynch to visit my office. I’ll schedule only Aetna patients who have cataracts on the day of visit.
Together, we can discuss the impact which cataracts have on a patient’s vision and quality of life. And also the impact which Aetna’s new preauthorization policy has on our most vulnerable patients. Deliberate delays in appropriate care hurt patients & society.