Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Richard Coffin: What causes an economic recession?. “For millennia, the people of Britain had been using bronze to make tools and jewelry, and as a currency for trade. But around 800 BCE, that began to change: the value of bronze declined, causing social upheaval and an economic crisis— what we would call a recession today. So what causes recessions? Richard Coffin digs into the economic fluctuations that affect our modern markets. [Directed by Augenblick Studios, narrated by Addison Anderson, music by GDM Production Music].” (ted.com description)
Nice, fast-paced & informative Ted-Ed talk.
2. Uday Devgan MD 1201: resident ruptured capsule case.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Thalamic Esotropia.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. Daniel Kahneman – Thinking, Fast and Slow – Chapter 1. Setting the stage for “System 1” and “System 2.”
5. Regional Eye Associates August 2021 newsletter – Ophthalmologists Anticipate a School Year Marked by Complaints of Eye Strain. Tips for parents & kids.
6. I was interviewed on “Possible Side Effects and Complications After Cataract Surgery” (AARP, 8/17/2021)