Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Russell Wilson: My secret to staying focused under pressure. “Athletes train their bodies to run faster, jump higher, throw farther — so why don’t they train their minds, too? Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson talks about the power of “neutral thinking,” which helps him thrive under pressure (both on the field and off) — and shows how you can use this mindset to make the right moves in your own life.” (ted.com description)
A top 10 among the last 400+ Ted Talks which I’ve seen. I love his insights on mindset.
2. Uday Devgan MD – 1202: pearls for your first LASIK surgery.
2B. D. Brian Kim, MD – TBWTDCS #98: Sticky White Cataract, Trypan Blue, Mechanical Fracturing. Excellent pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Coloboma of Optic Nerve.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. Daniel Kahneman – Thinking, Fast and Slow – Chapter 2.
5. I enjoyed my interviewed with AARP on “Possible Side Effects and Complications After Cataract Surgery” (AARP, 8/17/2021).