Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Doug Roble: Digital humans that look just like us. “In an astonishing talk and tech demo, software researcher Doug Roble debuts “DigiDoug”: a real-time, 3-D, digital rendering of his likeness that’s accurate down to the scale of pores and wrinkles. Powered by an inertial motion capture suit, deep neural networks and enormous amounts of data, DigiDoug renders the real Doug’s emotions (and even how his blood flows and eyelashes move) in striking detail. Learn more about how this exciting tech was built — and its applications in movies, virtual assistants and beyond.” (ted.com description)
Constantly inspired by Ted Talks on technology.
2. Cataract Surgery – Dr. Uday Devgan – 1213: chop this dense cataract in the bag. Excellent pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Aneurysms.
Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are perfect for lifelong learning.
4. EyeNet – August 2021 (PDF) – “Deciphering Big Data Studies.” By Mike Mott, Contributing Writer.
5. Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D. The Millionaire Mind (Millionaire Set Book 1) – Chapter 1. (Picked up for $2 at the local library sale!)
The Millionaire Mind is a sequel to Stanley and William D. Danko’s The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy. The original book offers a transformational experience for the value investor.