Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Benjamin Wallace: The price of happiness. A fun Ted Talk.
2. Cataract Surgery – Dr. Uday Devgan – 1263: double hook pre-chop technique. Excellent technique.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Charles Bonnet syndrome in the hemianopic field.
4. James Joyce – A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man – LoyalBooks/Librivox podcast . Finished Chapter 1.
Trying to read/listen to more “classic” works which a one-time pre-med student may have underemphasized in his younger days.
5. “In honor of Native American Heritage Month, the Yale Club of Washington, DC invites you to a virtual event about Yale’s first Native American Alum: Henry Roe Cloud, who graduated with a BA in psychology and philosophy in 1910, and earned an MA in anthropology from Yale in 1914. Our speakers are Professor Renya Ramirez, Cloud’s granddaughter and a professor of anthropology at UC Santa Cruz, and Dr. Ravi Goel ’93, who donated a collection of documents, photos and manuscripts about Cloud to Yale.”
Look forward to the special event on Election Day, Tuesday November 2, from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Registration is here.