Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – David Hoffman: What happens when you lose everything. Would love to see David Hoffman’s follow-up to this 2008 Ted Talk. Filled with resilience and hope.
2. Cataract Surgery – Dr. Uday Devgan – 1267: Why is there so much fluidic surge?. Great pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Incomplete third nerve palsy- approach.
4. Patrick Collison: Earning Your Stripes [The Knowledge Project Ep. #32] – “On this episode of The Knowledge Project, Patrick Collison, CEO, and co-founder of Stripe shares wise insights on success, failure, management, decision making, learning and so much more. Grab a pen…”
A podcast jam session.
5. “In honor of Native American Heritage Month, the Yale Club of Washington, DC invites you to a virtual event about Yale’s first Native American Alum: Henry Roe Cloud, who graduated with a BA in psychology and philosophy in 1910, and earned an MA in anthropology from Yale in 1914. Our speakers are Professor Renya Ramirez, Cloud’s granddaughter and a professor of anthropology at UC Santa Cruz, and Dr. Ravi Goel ’93, who donated a collection of documents, photos and manuscripts about Cloud to Yale.”
Look forward to the special event on Election Day, Tuesday November 2, from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Registration is here.