Welcome to my daily learning journal. Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – William Green – How the Greatest Investors Win in Markets and Life | TEDxBerkshires.
William Green is the author of, Richer, Wiser, Happier: How the World’s Greatest Investors Win in Markets and Life, which I have featured in many previous posts. His Ted Talk and book are wonderful features to help investors learn from the discipline, mindsets, and habits of investing geniuses.
2. Cataract Surgery – Dr. Uday Devgan – 1271: please steal this phaco technique. High yield pearls.
3. Andrew Lee MD – VI / XII Syndrome.
4. Renya Ramirez – Standing Up to Colonial Power: The Lives of Henry Roe and Elizabeth Bender Cloud (New Visions in Native American and Indigenous Studies). Finished Chapter 1 on Henry Roe Cloud’s childhood and Yale studies.
Getting ready for next week’s webinar on Henry Roe Cloud!
5. “In honor of Native American Heritage Month, the Yale Club of Washington, DC invites you to a virtual event about Yale’s first Native American Alum: Henry Roe Cloud, who graduated with a BA in psychology and philosophy in 1910, and earned an MA in anthropology from Yale in 1914. Our speakers are Professor Renya Ramirez, Cloud’s granddaughter and a professor of anthropology at UC Santa Cruz, and Dr. Ravi Goel ’93, who donated a collection of documents, photos and manuscripts about Cloud to Yale.”
Look forward to the special event on Election Day, Tuesday November 2, from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Registration is here.