Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, short story or significant work.
Here’s today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi – How to make peace? Get angry. (2015) “How did a young man born into a high caste in India come to free 83,000 children from slavery? Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Kailash Satyarthi offers a surprising piece of advice to anyone who wants to change the world for the better: Get angry at injustice. In this powerful talk, he shows how a lifetime of peace-making sprang from a lifetime of outrage.” (ted.com)
An honor to watch this Ted Talk. Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi is a constant source of inspiration.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – Resident Case: improve flip and chop.
3. Journal article – Chen TC, Jurkunas U, Chodosh J. A Patient With Glaucoma With Corneal Edema. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2020;138(8):917–918. doi:10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2020.1023. The JAMA Clinical cases are filled with pearls and with many excellent references.
4. Book Chapter – Walden, and On The Duty Of Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau. LoyalBooks.com, SparkNotes, and Gutenberg. Chapter 1, Part V. Finished Chapter 1. (I miss Huck Finn!)
5. Bonus – Ike Ahmed – Prism Webinar – I watched from the time of Ike’s shout-out for “sleeping in” till the end! YouTube. (around 1:48:10)
5. Bonus – I was honored to speak at the International Council of Ophthalmology Webinar. The ICO launched the World Ophthalmology Leaders Program. My 3 minute talk starts here. (around 3:36:30)
Dear Ravi, Mr. Kailash Satyarthi , Noble laureate installed me as President on 14 th February 2019 ,
>>> Prof.Dr.S.Natarajan >>> Awarded The Padma Shri by the President of India >>> PRESIDENT , APOTS,(ASIA PACIFIC OPHTHALMIC TRAUMA SOCIETY) >>> O M A G >>> ( Organised Medicine Academic Guild- with 20 medical organisations) >>> IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT, AIOS – All India Ophthalmological Society >>> PRESIDENT , SANKARA NETHRALAYA ALUMNI. Board of Trustee, INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF OPHTHALMOLOGY(ICO) >>> Secretary General, Asian Eye Genetics Consortium >>> Chairman and Managing Director – Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital Pvt.Ltd. >>> Specialized in Vitreous, Retina & Macular Surgery >>> Managing Trustee, Aditya Jyot Foundation For Twinkling Little Eyes(Not For Profit NGO)