Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, short story or significant work.
Here’s today’s list:
1. Ted Talk Ray Dalio: How to build a company where the best ideas win. “What if you knew what your coworkers really thought about you and what they were really like? Ray Dalio makes the business case for using radical transparency and algorithmic decision-making to create an idea meritocracy where people can speak up and say what they really think — even calling out the boss is fair game. Learn more about how these strategies helped Dalio create one of the world’s most successful hedge funds and how you might harness the power of data-driven group decision-making.” (ted.com)
This Ted Talk highlights the best of Ray Dalio’s book Principles. Highly recommend Dalio’s book and his social media posts (LinkedIn and Twitter).
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – Small Capsulorhexis Phaco Chop.
3. Journal – Diel RJ, Rubin Panvini AM, Sears NC, Critser D, Troyer J. Rapid Progression of Iridocorneal Syndrome with Predominant Iris Findings. Ophthalmol Glaucoma. 2020 Sep-Oct;3(5):368. doi: 10.1016/j.ogla.2020.04.001. Epub 2020 May 29. PMID: 32980040.
4. Book Chapter – Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson. Chapter 10, “Scientist.” Love learning about Leonardo da Vinci’s journey as a self-taught scientist.
5. TIP319: INTRINSIC VALUE ASSESSMENT OF CHARLES SCHWAB W/ ARIF KARIM (BUSINESS PODCAST). I enjoyed the methodology and discussion to assess an individual stock.