Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Karen Scrivener: A concrete idea to reduce carbon emissions. “Concrete is the second most-used substance on Earth (behind water), and it’s responsible for eight percent of the world’s carbon footprint. Cement researcher Karen Scrivener shares the research behind a pioneering new kind of cement known as LC3, which could slash carbon emissions from this crucial building material by 40 percent, if adopted at scale.” (ted.com)
Love these innovations to reduce carbon emissions in the years ahead.
2A. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – CataractCoach 1009: Cutting a Fibrotic Lens Capsule.
2B. Richard Mackool MD. Episode 35: Dense nucleus, lax zonule and capsular tension ring insertion.
2C. Richard Mackool MD – Episode 30: Dense Nucleus with Pseudoexfoliation
3. Wu CY, Knight D, Freeman W. White Macula After Pars Plana Vitrectomy in a 71-Year-Old Woman. JAMA Ophthalmol. Published online February 04, 2021. doi:10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2020.4616
4. Iliad by Homer – Book 16. Listening to the LoyalBooks free podcast version. (Wikipedia | Spark Notes)
5. KOL Knockout™: Cataract Edition — Maximizing the Use of Aberrometry, Femtosecond Lasers, and Advanced IOLs to Improve Postoperative Outcomes in Cataract Surgery. Join us on Wednesday February 24 at 9 pm EST! Delighted to be a panelist with cutting edge colleagues. Registration (FREE CME!)
6. Happy National Pizza Day!