Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Matt Langione: The promise of quantum computers. “What if tiny microparticles could help us solve the world’s biggest problems in a matter of minutes? That’s the promise — and magic — of quantum computers, says Matt Langione. Speaking next to an actual IBM quantum computer, he explains how these machines solve complex challenges like developing vaccines and calculating financial risk in an entirely new way that’s exponentially faster than the best supercomputers — and shares why industries should prepare now for this new leap in computing.” (ted.com)
Excellent overview of quantum computers & their potential to transform society.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – CataractCoach 1010: Bimanual Phaco Technique.
3. Andrew Lee MD – White eyed carotidocavernous fistulas (YouTube). High yield pearls, often in 4 minutes or less!
4. Iliad by Homer – Book 17. Listening to the LoyalBooks free podcast version. (Wikipedia | Spark Notes)
5. KOL Knockout™: Cataract Edition — Maximizing the Use of Aberrometry, Femtosecond Lasers, and Advanced IOLs to Improve Postoperative Outcomes in Cataract Surgery. Join us on Wednesday February 24 at 9 pm EST! Delighted to be a panelist with cutting edge colleagues. Registration (FREE CME!)