Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – E.O. Wilson: My wish: Build the Encyclopedia of Life. “As E.O. Wilson accepts his 2007 TED Prize, he makes a plea on behalf of all creatures that we learn more about our biosphere — and build a networked encyclopedia of all the world’s knowledge about life.” (ted.com)
22 minutes and worth a listen.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1033: USA resident’s first phaco chop. Nice case & technique for a young surgeon in training!
3. Andrew Lee MD – Amyloid & Neuro-Ophthalmology. Dr. Lee’s neuro-ophthalmology reviews are around 5 minutes. High-yield insights and pearls.
4. Freakonomics. A Rescue Plan for Black America (Ep. 453). “New York Times columnist Charles Blow argues that white supremacy in America will never fully recede, and that it’s time for Black people to do something radical about it. In The Devil You Know: A Black Power Manifesto, he urges a ‘reverse migration’ to the South to consolidate political power and create a region where it’s safe to be Black.”
5. Branding Yourself & Your Business! Join us for a live session on how to brand yourself and your ophthalmic practice. Monday, March 8, 2021 at 8:30 pm EST. Tips for younger ophthalmologists, fellows, and residents. Space is limited!