Welcome to my daily learning journal. My daily goal is to watch one Ted Talk and one cataract surgery. I also plan to read one journal article and read/listen to a book chapter, podcast, or significant work.
Here is today’s list:
1. Ted Talk – Pico Iyer: The beauty of what we’ll never know. “Almost 30 years ago, Pico Iyer took a trip to Japan, fell in love with the country and moved there. A keen observer of the human spirit, Iyer professes that he now feels he knows far less about Japan — or, indeed, about anything — than he thought he knew three decades ago. In this lyrical meditation on wisdom, Iyer expands on this curious insight about knowledge gained with age: that the more we know, the more we see how little we know.” (ted.com)
I was drawn to the title of this trending talk. Mesmerized by the storytelling.
2. Cataract Surgery – Uday Devgan MD – 1067: Phaco and iStent Glaucoma device. Well done.
3. Andrew Lee MD – Leber hereditary optic neuropathy.
Dr. Lee’s 450+ neuro-ophthalmology reviews are around 5 minutes each. Perfect for the busy clinician & trainee. I plan to watch one a day, from oldest to newest.
4. William Zinsser, On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. Chapter 16, “Business Writing: Writing in Your Job.”
5. ICC Comedy Night is back! We’ve gathered a top-tier line up for our popular comedy night event!